Crowns are used to restore and enhance teeth that are damaged, or to replace missing teeth.
A crown, also called a cap, is used to entirely cover a damaged tooth. A crown not only strengthens the tooth, but it can also dramatically improve the tooth's appearance, shape and alignment.
Crowns may be used to...
- Replace a large filling when there is little tooth structure remaining
- Protect a weak tooth from fracturing
- Restore a fractured tooth
- Attach a bridge
- Cover a dental implant
- Cover a discolored or poorly-shaped tooth
- Cover a tooth that has had root canal treatment
Same-Day Crown Technology
Thanks to advances in dental technology, crowns no longer have to be a weeks-long process. Our office is equipped with CAD/CAM machinery and software that enables us to create and place precise and custom crowns in a single visit.